Wednesday 12 June 2024

5 Non Negotiable Things in a Restaurant

 

Meals Ready

On a recent trip to a popular sea food specialty restaurant, I found the overall experience was sup par on many fronts! What has happened to this place? Did the management change, or the person who was supposed to look into the things, is taken up by a new hand. Or is the management complacent with the results. Or is the common thought of most biz people - build and they will come!

Btw, I was disappointed with the service and the overall oomph factor of this restaurant and I really wished they did more!

What are the essential things a customer expects while taking the service. 


1. Welcoming each guests - Today as I stepped into a restaurant along with my mother, I felt that we had to find our way to the table. In fact, I had to ask a waiter  whether we can sit in the space for four people. It was clear that there was no person to show or welcome us for lunch. 

2. Bhai Bhai - This was a class from a near by table. In a recent visit to a booze place, the next door fellas had to call Cheta Cheta to get the attention of the waiter. On similar lines, a family in the next table had to call out to the people to order. 

3. Wash area was wet - This hotel had nice wash basins. But, it was all splashed with water. Wish they had kept it dry or at least mopped it for a clean look

In-house food tester - For a change, I bought neymeen fry. It's beyond my budget, but I thought I will buy it for my mom who loves king fish. However, when we I tasted it, the salt seems less and the typical neymeen taste was missing. Btw, I'm a sucker for fresh fish and I can feel it right from the plate. ( Self judgement). One thing I feel a key signature of freshness is the white flesh. As fish gets stale or looses its freshness, then the color too fades. So, I feel the fish was not fresh! 

4. Where's the shine - There was many spots in any restaurant that can get smudge mark, and gets dirty in corners. All these leads to a dullness, a feeling that it isn't clean. If you're running a restaurant, then you can get someone to access its cleanliness side. It's easier for others judge rather than seeing from own eyes. 

5. Joy and Happiness - Who is the happy face around? Is there anyone who makes customers comfortable with their happy face!  For example, look at the typical big jewelry shop in East Fort area. The salesmen there are always look well dressed, and pleasantly happy to serve each customer. Such should be the case of a restaurant. 

The whole journey of me as a customer in this restaurant was inconsequential. I just came, sat on the wooden chairs, had food and left. I hardly had a chance to feel like a human! 

I guess lot of people prefer such experience but I love to have some connect and that was missing! Waiters were in their world, the suppliers and the cleaners! Wish for me!

6 What story is being Shared!

 Is the restaurant just about having food and leaving with a content feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment