Saturday 29 June 2024

Give Choice to Customers - But, Not Many!

Typical Mathi Fry Served with Kerala Meals


I have a suggestion to all the restaurants owners out in Kerala where they serve fried fish! I'm not sure if my opinion goes well with them. However, this is my take on it. 

Most typical restaurants/hotels in Trivandrum and in new fish hub at Vizhijam, ( even the hotels which the vloggers praise about the food), overcook, resulting in a tough texture that masks their delicate flavor. Also, in case of fish curry, they fish too is over-cooked in gravy!

This over-frying is usually done with low priced fishes like  Koyala, Ayila, tuna and mathi or chala.


WhY DO YOU FRY THE FISH WAY TOO LONG! 

I guess, most people prefer fish which is fried like a crispy piece. But in this process it's looses their distinct flavor and it's difficult to appreciate the fine taste.This is where I have a problem! I like to taste the unique taste, enjoy the succulent white flesh of the fish! 😣


Solution for this - Two approaches! Give it a try


Here's how I propose two options! 

Option 1

.Deep fry, the way it's done typically in a restaurant. ( chewy bite)

Option 2

.Medium fry ones with more pepper. This will make the flesh soft for people who prefer to enjoy the distinct flavor of the fish.

One Reason Why Restaurants Over Fry Fish

Main reason is that people generally prefer fish to be served like this. Another reason for restaurant owners to over fry fish, is that it's a good way to mask the taste of stale or old fish! The stale taste is evident with is medium cooked. Isn't not?. 🙄

What do you say? 

Will the restaurants give two choices to customers? Will this be a hassle for them and add to the cost to product? Will customers appreciate your attempt to give a choice. 

Well, I don't know the answer! Probably, it might work and that's a good way of going about it! 

Curious Konnections 


P.S I have another post about a plan to support small hotels and restaurants by donating cash, items and giving your hotel menu ideas. Pls read this blog and let me know your thoughts about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment