Sunday 23 June 2024

23 Franchise Biz Suitable for Kerala

 

Peni Ice Candy near Medical College Tvm


Recently I started to share a topic with people around me. It's about taking franchisee. I wonder how come I suddenly became a propaganda of franchisee! Surprising fact is that I still personally don't prefer franchisee model as I believe that it's bounded by rules and limits the freedom to play your game, improvise, etc! 

I might be wrong here as I don't have first hand experience in it! However, I hav some kind of negative perception towards it! 

So, why am I going about blabbering about franchisee biz! Is it easy as it sounds! Is the investment on franchisee payment, fee, etc worth it! 

Well, what are the advantages of franchisee biz and in what conditions should you take it?

1. When you have too much money and less time! 

3. When you want instant label to get recognition

3. When you're ready to invest your time on it!


Here are  Food Franchisee biz that's Popular in Kerala!


1. KFC /Pizza Hut / Dominos /  

 This brand needs no introduction. It's popular in many spots in Trivandrum and has outlets in many towns and cities in Kerala. However, there're still many opportunities for it to grow. 

I was thinking of these locations: Kallambalam or by the side of MC Road highway, a spot ideal for people to take rest. It could be a spot where there are multiple outlets will give more reasons for travellers to take a break

2. Naturals Ice cream 

    Many years back I used to tell my partner that Naturals Ice Cream could be a good biz idea for a place like Trivandrum. Also, I thought Koravandonam side could be a better place. And, just like I thought a big space with good interiors opened in Koravankonam part of Tvm. Man, I was on air thinking big about myself that what I thought has come true. However, I was not very happy to see the resopnse. I was expecting a big and overwhelming response to this brand. But, slowly I see more crowds in this outlet! I think an outlet inside Lulu Mall would be a great idea! 

What do you say?

3. Baskin and Robbins 
    This is quite common in many junctions. 


4. Peni Ice Cream outlet 

   I was very vocal about this brand. And to convince many people, I had rushed to the outlet near Medical College and bought more than 8 and gave to the guests. And, again telling them to share to their friends and others that Peni ice candy is a good franchisee biz.

I still feel, an outlet at Shanghumugham could be a great! What do you say?

5. Amul Outlet 

6. Chai Chai 

  I love the pricing of chai, coffee and bites at their outlet in Lulu mall, Trivandrum. Check it out.

7. Nagarjuna Andra 

Nagarjuna ANDRA STYLE

https://www.nagarjunarestaurants.com/

I bet there are many in Kerala who would  love Andra meals, and also Andra Style spicy dishes
like NATU KODI KOORA / COUNTRY CHICKEN CURRY
GUNTURU KODI IGURU / GUNTUR CHICKEN FRY (SEMI DRY)
Andra Meals, etc. 

I think the above restaurant is not a franchisee biz. However, you can either
find something similar or make a carbon copy of this menu and add some more.

I had visited Nagarjuna restaurant which is at CMH Road. This hotel is always packed at noon. 

8. Hyderabad Biryaani House

  As of now, there are no restaurants which serves Hyderabad Biryaani in Trivandrum. The closest I feel is the Naga Kitchen at Lulu mall. 

So, why not start a franchisee of Hyderabad Biryaani House in Trivandrum. Btw, you can visit Hyderabadi Biryani in Bangalore to try their biryani varieties before you decide on it.

Check these links for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3E8kZLAXIk 

Franchise Capital Investment Rs. 30 Lakhs to Rs. 35 Lakhs
Franchise Fees Rs. 10 Lakhs
Royalty/Commission Fee 6% of the Net sale
Approximate cost! 👆


I feel there's a good opportunity for someone who can bring Hyderabadi Biryani House in Trivandrum. Especially in Kazhakootam or Technopark area. What you say?

9. Chai Chai

 
My fav chai place in Lulu Mall


I didn't know that Chai Chai brand is from Azad! Cool! 

Check it out if you're interested to know more about this street food chain Chai Chai by Azad


10. Filter Coffee ( Outlet)

  There's one filter coffee outlet near Pattom. ( Kumbakonam Degree Coffee ) or you can try joining hands with Madras Filter Coffee or make one of your own!

As a side note,I have this thought. I usually take the route near West Fort  which takes me through the row of houses where Bhrahmins live. As I pass this route, I wish there was a patti ( granny) who can serve homemade filter coffee and if possible a vada too. 

The row houses are unique with such community and it has a distinct architecture. I feel it would be a good feeling to live in such places if you like the feeling of living , sharing idea with your clan, and be away from the nasty smell of mathi being fried in the next door house. People with similar cultural roots, concepts can be more happy to live. 

In this context let me quote from what an India who is now settled in US is saying. She was telling that when Indians start to live in a street and when more Indians join, the whites start to vacate! I don't know how far this is true. What she was saying is that the smell of our curries, cooking can be a turnoff! Could happen! 




Here are few novel ( in my eyes) that could be a franchisee opportunity!

1. Chai with Burger ( Mini) Sounds boring 

2. Coffee and Momos ( Probably, it might work)

3. TODDY SHOP ( Franchise) a value brand

  Other day, I went to Punchakari ( yesteryears rice bowl) in Trivandrum. It's a spot near Vellyani which has become popular with couple of shops serving toddy and also food. The expanse of open green space, with agricultural area good for some relaxation. 

In this area, we selected a shop with the Toddy shop as it was okay parking spot. So, how was the experience! Not bad, but nothing memorable. So, can you start a TODDY Shop with a twist and make it exceptionally remarkable. 

And,how to make it remarkable! This is what your journey and your mind can conjure! But, I wish to see something novel in this space. Well, Bocha has done one variation. Not sure,if it's that what I want. Probably, Bocha idea could spread. 


How about a place like Fat Fish in Goa? Can we replicate such a spot in Punjakiri or else where where there are open space with the view of the rice fields. 


4. Chai Spot run by Girls

   In Kerala, in the recent years we are seeing more young girls exploring new profeesions, going out and eating out with friends, taking up vlogging, travel, fashion etc. But, in Trivandrum, I yet to see a cafe run by 20 something girls! Here the most popular chai store in Malabar Bites and I see many young boys and girls hanging out here for snacks and beverage! 

In this context, I think it's time some coffee start is run by a all girls crew! Just imagine a spot run by girls, in unique dress code, it could be pinafore, or jeans and check shirt, or like the German ladies skirt and overalls, or just about anything that makes a statement! Dress is not an important thing, but more than that the menu, cleanliness, and unique idea of the restaurant and food taste! 

In such a spot, they can give freshers a chance to work as waitress and earn money too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment