Wednesday 19 June 2024

Avilose Podi - Instant Comfort Food 24/7 From Vending Machine

 

Avilsoe Podi


After a long long gap, I had avoilse podi which was given by a person who made this for a large order. On that day I love the feel of avilose which took me back in time.


So, if you're from Kerala, there's a good chance that you had avoilose podi during your childhood days. This is true especially if you belong to Gen X generation or probably millennial too. I remember my mom making tons of this and keeping in plastic container. At that time, it was a default food to have during evenings or something for breakfast. 

During that phase of life, I had it b'cos I had no choice. So, to make it easy on the palette, I would add sugar, and then black coffee.

Who Else is Having Avilose Podi in 2024

And now in 2024, I wonder if any household makes avilose podi at home. I don't think that the kids these days has any interest for avilose podi nor parents have the time to make this at home. So, what we have now are the store bought avilose podi.

Square One Talent near Pattom, is one place in Trivandrum which sells packeted avilose podi. Probably, there are other shops too. I will list it here of the details as and when I find them. And, there are home cooks who make avilose podi for those who order in large quantity.

Avilose Podi - New Avatar - New Delivery System

While I was having this, I thought of this idea  - how can we feed avilose podi to public. This is a filling food, it takes away hunger pang for a long time. Having thought about it, I wonder how about a vending machine for dispensing avilose podi. It could be kept near high density places like Medical College or at main KSRTC bus depots in Kerala. 

Imagine, if there's such a vending machine, which can dispense avilose podi either as a packet or  be dispensed in a cup or small bowl with a spoon. People also can buy kattan kapi or chai from the same  dispenser and mix it with avilose poidi. What you say?

For a long time I have been thinking that vending machine. And, with this avilose podi, the whole concept is back on my mind. And I wonder, why the concept of dispensing hasn't worked worked well in India. At least, it should have been introduced during Covid when social distancing was the norm.  

What all can be used in Vending Machine - especially in Kerala?

1. Dispense hot coffee, chai, kattan kapi, milk, chukku kapi

2. Instant noodles in a bowl and soups

3. Glass of rasam! Choose many combinations. 

4. Milk packet dispenser at Milma pattom (They need to up their game) 

Which country has most Vending Machines

When I searched online I found that Japanese people use it widely. They have all sorts of items food items, eggs, toys, flowers, ice creams, banana, etc. Click this link to know more of the vending machines in Japan.

And, Here's a Biz Proposition

Oh, man, I love to buy a vending machine and make a biz out of it!

Would you like to partner in my venture! My idea, your capital!

What say? 😊

Curious Konnections




Avilose Podi packet from Square One Talents

Having Avilose Podi at Square one

No comments:

Post a Comment