Monday 19 August 2024

I got Lured! 🧲

 

Muthoot App

Muthoot FinCorp Whatsapp


On this day, I was desperate for funds. When I went to the local bank with bites n pieces of gold, they did not allow few bits saying they can't keep such ones. Damn it!

Whatever said and done, I was feeling low - one was that I had to have the loser posture, second, the funds was not sufficient. 

In this state of mind, I saw a Whatsapp message from Muthoot FinCorp. It had an enticing bit of message which read like this - Your're eligible for additional funds of us pt 29153. Wow! I like anyone in my shoes, got carried away with the message and I proceeded to download the app to avail additional funds. 

And, in 1 minute, the app was up and running. And, then comes the reality!  It looked I owed them more in dues that what I was eligible! Damn again! 

I should blame myself for jumping at a msg, which I knew was not right! It was just a bait!

So, what do I think of the whole process:

1. From the point of Muthoot, it was a tactics which got the attention of the user.

2. They succeeded in getting one download with a Whatsapp message. That's a good success point. 

3. From the customer view point, it was another case of disappointment, which we are used to from similar organizations and banks. We all would like to get easy loan, would lap up any message that we will get additional funds - but back in our mind, we know it's not as easy as it appears!

I guess, it's a uusual ploy employed by most biz to get customers to walk into their plan. Similarly, this can be seen as another sly way employed to get customers toe their plan. 

Which is better?
If you have a similar biz, would you use such a tactic?


No comments:

Post a Comment