Wednesday 28 August 2024

Satisfaction in Odukalum Parakalum

 Today is a holiday on account of Ayyankali Jayanthi, 2024.

While I wanted to go to Kannakakunnu in the morning for a refreshing walk, I got delayed in getting up. So, I ended up doing the next thing on my morning agenda.

First task was to water the petunias in the terrace. Second was the task cleaning things, putting in a different place ( Odukalum and  Parakalum) .

We have an outside toilet which is not used and now that has become a storage space for all unused stuffs. Because of this, the room in the toilet has become a junkyard attracting rats.

So, my first job was to take all things outsdide. Next, I swept the floor of dirty.. Later, I carried all these stuffs which was not used to the empty car shed. Already this car shed has become a repository of empty bottles in sacks, tables, broken chairs, etc. So, it's more becoming another dump-yard hidden from the normal view.

When all the lifting and disposing of stuff was done, I felt immense satisfaction in the morning. Wonder, if there's a spike in dopamine when we do such kind of tidying job? 

Do you get a good feeling when you finish a de-clutter mission? 

So, what kind of Odukalum Parakalum did you do today? Is there a way to do mental declutter so that you have less thoughts to handles?

Btw, Odukalum Parakalum mathiyo? What are the real stuffs you should plan to sort mentally which can help you to be successful in life? 

Let me know your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment