Monday 26 August 2024

Deb Chachra Quote

 

Deb Chachra

I came across a good article by Deb Chachra from the blog - A Learning a Day! Thanks again to such blogs that we come across many men and women who are doing remarkable work. 

Next, I wish to buy her book, “How infrastructure works”! I was thinking how many lecturers, planners, politicians, academicians, engineering college faculty read such books. 

Imagine now if a engineering college in Bangalore or Kerala has a forum where they share information about latest books related to their field and also ask every student to read such books and publish their learning on a blog or an a LinkedIn post. Don't you think it will make our students more aware of the world around, than just learning from textbooks. 


Or the UGC, should make it a mandate that college lecturers and professors to read such books and share their learning on a blog, or write about it in newspaper or make a podcast material with relevant examples. Btw, I think there are such processes now for lectures to publish papers. So, apart from such paper stuffs, they can also use notes from books to create new learning material.


P.S - I forgot that I have written about Deb Chachra is another post. Anyways, this post had something new to share, an image of her quote and about the practice of reading latest books in Engineering schools and such. Pls check my earlier post about the article she had written. 


P.S - Her quote reminds me of how badly my scooter requires a service. Luckily, so far I have been driving this without it breaking down. Just lucky is an understatement as my scooter hasn't seen neither water service nor taken it to a mechanic for a engine checkup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment