Thursday 3 October 2024

Staff to Show Guests around the resort

Train Your Staff to be Friendly and Provide Information & story of your resort

Today's Epiphany about Resorts 

Just while browsing today morning, I was thinking of an experience a guest can enjoy or take home as a memory of their visit in a resort. Well, most often the experience would be just nothing short of ordinary. Well, I'm biased from my experience. Moreover, I'm not the typical guest type!

What Does a Hotel or Resort Guest looking Forward?

I'm the type of customer who wants something more from a stay in a resort, I yearn for connection, story or some sort of bond with the place. Probably, I want to carry a memorabilia or souvenir from the resort or home-stay.. In short, I'm not the typical guest. I want something more - a human connection, a story, a feel good experience! 

Here's my experience from the stay at two resorts near Kovalam! For me, the stay in these resorts for a night gave me a similar type of experience. We came, used the space, looked around, had good food and left. While we stayed no one bothered to ask us anything special. It's a touch-less experience - no human connection.

Probably, people who are private or looking for secluded holidays might like it. They will just come, and they are by themselves, and leave without any hungama! 

I feel most guests would like to build some kind of bond, would like to know more about the place, get to experience and know the story of the place, it's beginning or why it began, etc! So, my question and answer is addressed to meet such expectations!

Question- Is there a need for a Person to show guests around the beach resort?

I bet yes. Typically, beach side resorts are situated in a large parcel of land. So, there could be many areas of interest which might be tucked in one corner of the resort. Also, if there is a story of the place, will they ever know?

About about the story of the unique architecture or roof or furniture or about a rock garden or just a tour of the facilities, then it can be more than a reason to explain the things around a resort. Oh, I forgot, what about cool selfie points in the resort! 

So, all these reasons and more is good enough for a resort manager to keep a person to show guests around. The person selected to show them around must have good communication skills, preferably about to speak multiple languages if the guests are from other states. 


So, here's what a tour-de-guest can showcase:

1. Show the in-house facilities inside the resort/hotel/homestay ( Ticket booking, Souvenir counter, Spa centre, Ayurveda massage facility, buy t-shirt, pool, coffee shops, etc
 
2. Tell the guest about any offers for spa or at their gift shop ( day-time offers)

3. Provide information about concierge service 

4. Take them around to show them the vantage points of the resort ( selfie area or area for taking best pics)

5. Tell them the story of the beginnings of the resort. 

6. Ask their food preference and explain the menu 

7. Inform them of the pool timing, etc 

8. Show how to order food, which are the keys

9. Tell them the best timing to visit this place

10. If celebrities have visited this resort, tell about that story 

11. What are the activities they can get or their kids or seniors 

12. Show a map, with the places of interest around the resort 

13. Let them know how to find a transport (uber or private traveler)

14. What if they want a local experience ( Tell if you provide them)

15. Is there any special service they can avail from their room ( Manicure, pedicure, leg massage, etc)

16. Tell them about the local food and explain about it. Suggest what all types of food that will suit their palette 

17. For people interested in visiting temple or church, show them the main religious centres close to the resort or tell them about the main 

18. Give information about the resident photographer. Someone who can take pictures in a professional manner and give them physical prints. Imagine, printing their pic on a postcard. Won't it be great to send that card by snail mail! 

19. Inform the guest about the season - if its rainy season, tell them how to get an umbrella or rain coat 

20. For a sea side resort, guests should be informed about the sea conditions, the safe areas to bath, etc

21. In case of problems with mosquitoes or bugs in their room, they should be given adequate mosquito protection solution ( Goodnight or odonil)

22. Inform them any happy hours to buy booze 

How do you find the points listed above? Is it something that's practiced in your resort or hotel? Have you identified the employee who's a best fit for guiding the guests? 


Btw, do you Want me to Be your Resort Marketing Consultant?


While writing this post, I was thinking that I can visit your resort and provide some ideas for improvement or some suggestion on service, etc. I'm currently based in Trivandrum. I can travel to your location, provided you pay for my conveyance charges and other services charges. 

What do you think? 

Will such a service benefit your resort? 


Looking for ways to improve your resort’s online presence and guest engagement? Let’s discuss how I can help – give me a call for a free consultation!

Call me or Whatsapp me at 📞+91 7406989233


Check out this BLOG POST o
n what I can do as a consultant. Thought the post provides a long list, I intend to be specific on few things that are of interest to me. I'll tour your resort, meet the people, avail services like a customer, go inside the service area, speak to your employees as their friend, think myself as a customers looking for a good experience, and then provided a written report for you to evaluated. 


Btw, what are the out-of-resort experiences you can provide? Here are the list of experiences which are bit above the typical things asked by a guest. What all can you fulfill? 

1. Hospitality biz ( Resorts, Hotels, Homestays ) Evaluation Checklist 

2. Strangest Guest Demands Hoteliers or Resort Owners Can Fullfill

3. Contact us form ( Resorts) What's the ideal log-in info 

4. Do you want to audit your resort's social media performance?

5.  Do you want a mystery guest? ( I can be the person who can visit your hotels or resort and conducts a performance review without revealing my identity,)

6. 35 sample Facebook and Instagram content which can be used on hotel or resorts social media profile. Check it out. ( Also, I can make similar posters or manage your Facebook/Insta) of your hospitality biz. 

7. Providing immersive experience in your resort. ( Elephants giving shower to tourists) 🐘



No comments:

Post a Comment