Monday 14 October 2024

Manna Mornings - Breakfast Only Takeaway

Manna Morning ( A breakfast Only Takeaway counter)

 
One day while taking shower, I had another fresh idea. It was about making and supplying breakfast on Sunday morning. Yes, I then I thought it was a great idea and and was going on talking about it. The first version of this plan was to make appam, chappati, beef stew, veg stew and egg stew. 

Target audience - Elderly church goers who wish to get homely food on Sunday morning

                            Those who love beef stew and appam combination 

                            People who are lazy to get into the kitchen on a Sunday!

( Above three category would be buyer persona for this project)


After thinking of this, I thought I should extend the breakfast for three days a week. One day it could be idli, sambar and cutney, next it would be Idiappam and gravy and on Sunday it can be appam combo. 

Well, I haven't started on this, but I liked the plan on paper. 

Just imagine, if I can sell some 10 or 12 packs in the monring! It would give me an incentive to buy fish ( money from sale), give some extra money to the lady help and give me a ground to make delight customers with my service. 


Btw, this plan is not just for me. I think, any good cooks can extend their kitchen breakfast menu to the locality. Imagine, earning at least some money in the morning. Such a system of making good homely food and serving to local audience can work in these places. 

1. If the house is near a railway station or bus stop then a small board can get customers to your doorstep. ( Houses which are located near Kochu Veli railway station has potential of using this)

2. People staying close to religious centres ( Eg, Vettucadu area, Brahmins staying near Padijarekotta ( Service fresh idli, sambar and filter coffee, ) 

3, Households near government offices, Technopark, etc can covert a part of their house to a food hall. There's one such place which is popular with technopark Phase 3 office. The restaurant/house is called Utharadam. ( They have wonderful meals)

4. Sell pothi choru to railway commutters ( in major railway stops, like Kottayam). Start with a Whatsapp group, with few contact. Provide 100% tasty kottayam fish curry, beef or duck. Give threse options. So, a person who is reaching Kottayam railway station by train or reaching by other conveyance can message the group and book. The patron will pack the food and get it delivered, either in the station, or deliver it inside the train as per the direction. 

Imagine, the beauty and delight of having fresh Kerala food while you're travelling to B'lore or Kasargod! 

More options are there...I'm stopping here 


Curious Konnections 

No comments:

Post a Comment