Thursday 10 October 2024

Rock Garden - A New Project of the Month

Rock Garden - Experiment

 Dad made the first rock garden when he was around. I still remember the seat made with two stones, the cactus behind a rock. It was a raised rock garden with sturdy plants.

Now, many decades later, I follow the same footsteps to make a rock garden. It's not great, but it look okay for my standards. With this, I feel I should try this rock garden concept in a container. I guess it would look nice as a gift too. 

Btw, what are the questions people might ask about making rock garden?

1. What are the type of plants used in rock garden? 
2. How's the soil prepared? Which soil is best? 
3. Where to buy rocks and other props for making a rock garden?

I feel any passionate plant lover with interest in rock garden can start it as a freelancer. 


Btw, with my limited knowledge, these hardy plants would be suitable for rock garden.

1. Chrypthanthus 
2. Bromiliards 
3. Sedum (Stonecrop)
4. Sansivera 
5. Euphorbia (Spurge)
6. Sempervivum (Hens and Chicks)



Basially, you can choose  variety of hardy plants that thrive in rocky or well-drained conditions. Check out this link for more ideas to make rock garden from scratch

Other sites for reference and to pick rock garden designs 

1. https://www.wikihow.life/Design-a-Rock-Garden 




No comments:

Post a Comment