Tuesday 3 September 2024

Neymeen at GoFish Trivandrum

 

Neymeen / Vajram ( Sear Fish/ King Fish)

Neymeen Thala 

I have the habit of taking pictures of everything that crosses my path. And, today pics are from GO FISH, a fish shop located on the road between Kumarapuram and GG Hospital. 

I usually buy fish from these three places. If it's a low budget purchase, I buy 100 or 200 Rs fish from the ladies who sell near Kumarapuram traffic signal. Othe two options are BlueSea Fish and Go Fish stall. 

Today when I went to Go Fish, I bought Kera Choora, Neymeen thala ( sear fish head) and mullan ( 250 grm).

While I was in the shop, I had a word with the owner. I told him a suggestion about Whatsapp updates from Gofish. I told him that it would be good to give two or three updates about fish stock. After he heard me, he said he's not sure if people  would like getting more than one message in a day. However, I feel three messages spread across the day won't be a problem. 

The first post of the day, usually in the morning when the fresh fish stock and the price is shared. Next, could be a msg showing one or two types of fish or cut piece ( neymeen cut piece or fish head), and last one by 5 PM to remind people of the evening stock.

Apart from sending group message, such shops can send private message to customers who have earlier requested for special fish or cut pieces. For example, there are customers like me who prefers neymeen fish head or lady fish.

So, if the shop keeper keeps a track of customer requests, then they can send specific msg to such individuals. However, from my experience, I think most fish vendors don't take such effort to make business more personal, humanistic or customer central. 


Btw, where do you buy fish in Trivandrum? 



P.S - Earlier post about Blue Sea Fish and other marketing ideas for fresh fish stores

Also, for a lnog time I wanted to make dried fish, esp mullan. Here's the Amazon link to buy dried mullan karuvadu /unakkameen

Check out this marketing plan to create a Whatsapp group of fish shops in one city or locality so that it will be useful for the cusotmer and the shop keeper to sell the stock. Here's the link to the post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment