Saturday 14 September 2024

Onam Vibe 2024

Onam Special - Seasons Change &  Home Screen Changes!

 Another Onam is here! For the state of Kerala, it's not a typical Onam. Here, Govt of Kerala had earlier  announced the cancellation of full scale onam celebration on account of Wayanad landslide, and in remembrance of people who lost their lives. 

How's Onam for you?


Today's Onam is so, so different from the Onam I can remember of. Well, people of my age ( in 50's can relate to it).

Now, we have Alexa playing Onam songs, new age online shops and big  super-markets are really making a big harvest out of this season. ( It's money, and money only)

I fell, all major festivities has lost it's real significance has it turned to a shopping fest! It's just brazen commercialization of all festivals.

Commercial sense has taken over the human sense. It's ads on TV, on newspaper, textile shops are packed with people buying clothes and more. Are we happy at the end of the day with all these buying! I hope it fulfills some part of the human need to have more, or to keep up with the Jones!

In all these Onam celebration around, I just wished that someone invited me to their home for a Onam feast, have a drink, share a talk. But, that's not the case. It's not just me. For many middle class or lower middle class folks. 

However, many families are coming together for onam sadya. I feel such people will find much more happiness that those family which end up having sadya all by themselves. 

Mone Happy Ano? 

Curious Konnections 


P.S - Out of the blue, a friend called while I was onam sadya to come home for payasam. Cool. Later I went and spend around an hour with both of them, picked few plants from the garden, colletecd the semya paysam. Well, this was a memorable time! 






No comments:

Post a Comment