Saturday 6 July 2024

Wet Loo and OCD

 

Loo in a Bar at Malappuram

Wet and Unclean space inside the loo

Observation!
These days I have a problem when I see unclean loo or unkept house, dirty corners of a chai store, or tea counter that's not scrubbed for a long time or trash and leaves outside a house or a shop. 

What I conclude from this behavior is this - either I'm in the beginning stage of OCD or that I'm a complaint monger who goes around complaining about things that are a normal part of our societal things.

For example, is the picture share above. It was from a loo at a bar at Malappuram. And, many would say, what's the big deal about the water and a bit of dirt!. There're bigger things to be fixed around, and why are you giving so much importance to a fairly clean toilet?

However, it bothers me. I just wished that it was kept more clean, like another spot in the hotel or house.  

Anyways, there are the thoughts that came to my mind!

1. When I see set wet or unclean loo, I wish I had a mop to clean the space. And, I have done it couple of times! 

2. A dirty spot in a corner of a restaurant bothers me. Why can't they see the dirt and do something about it? Is it the norm! 

3. Why are Keralites so ignorant of keeping loo clean and dry? ( Not that I'm so perfect in this department)

4. Being a tourist centric place and with so called literacy, why are we still backward in keeping our public roads, bus stops, public loo dirty and unkept) When will we learn to keep it sparkling clean?

5. Why only PVR loo in Lulu follow superior standards? Why can't we have the same cleanliness standard in KSRTC loo? Who can volunteer to keep loo super clean like that of loo in PVR cinema halls? 

6. Why don't we have a system of having public toilets in all major stops in Trivandrum and elsewhere. Due to the lack of proper toilets, I see many men lifting their lungies and peeing in some vacant property or in some bylanes where there are less traffic. We just don't enough toilets! 

7. Where will the Swiggy delivery people or the autorikshw drivers or cab drivers relieve themselves? Do you also look out for a bush to pee or walk in to a restaurant, buy coffee and use their loo? What about ladies who are on the road? Is there clean loo available while they work as delivery partners?

-------

Btw, this loo pic I had shared above has a beautiful mantle space, albeit it was unkept and empty. So, here're few options on why it should be kept super clean and made use of this space:

How to Monetize Loo Space or make loo more pleasant spot


1. A small flower vase with flower from the garden ( Couple of cosmos flowers or one ). If a flower vase can't be bought, you can put a blue colored beer bottle and keep a flower in it. If you're looking for a tool to cut glass bottle, then I can sell you one! 

2. Keep a live plant ( probably small variety of sansevieria) in a ceramic pot. Keep low maintenance and low-light loving plants. 

3. Tissue roll, or fragrance dispenser, a small clock, a small photo frame with a quote, etc.

4. Monetize this space ( Place a small stand with an advertisement). Here're few things - Spa massage ad,  alcohol de addiction centre, hydrocele (urologist) doctor consultation, sexologist  consultation...hmm what else? 




No comments:

Post a Comment