Saturday 27 July 2024

Keep the Shine on!

 

Where's the spark?

While sitting on a Sunday mass, I was thinking why, why there was no epiphany moment. Then I  told myself to calm down, be patient - not all days are the same! 

Somewhere towards the end of the mass, I felt the urge to pee. Well, I recently started the habit of drinking a bottle of water, after waking up. Luckily, today I just drank a glass of it. 

So, for the first time in this church, I looked around for the loo to relieve my bladder. And, down the stairs I spotted two small rooms which looked like urinal. First room I peeped inside had a commode - with dirty and un-kept floor. I skipped it. Then walked to the next room, which had two wall mounted urinal. Ha! 

I closed the door and took my own time to let go in full steam! Meanwhile, during the process I scanned around. The floor not clean. And, it appeared that this ceramic urinal was not scrubbed for at least a week! What a Shame! 

While I finished my biz, I was thinking why we Malayalees or Indians has no regard to keep public loo clean? Do we keep our house loo like this? Or do we have double standards! After all, it's not in my house! Why should I bother about anything outside my house when my house is in order!

Raise the Bar! May Our Urinal Shine!


I wish there was a brush and toilet cleaning liquid. I would have done a good job under 5 mins. And, I would have done it it happily, giving this ceramic urinal a much needed spark! Well, I don't have any inhibition to do this and I have done it couple of  times  - at another church in Trivandrum, scrubbed the wash basin of a public toilet at Kanakakunnu, a loo at a restaurant in Goa ( I was drunk then) ! 

Another Revelation at the Church

When the priest read out the announcements, I heard something about micro entrepreneurs or something like that. When he read it, I missed the point he shared. Then I thought, it would be great if the church places all the contents of the announcements, including the band announcement on the church notice board. Also, each week's announcement can be shared on the Whatsapp group or Facebook page of the church! ( What you say?)

I don't know if there's a practice like that. For instance, there are many information shared during church announcement, such as job vacancies, free training and learning classes. If all these are kept on the notice board or shared on Whatsapp community page, then there's more chances of it reaching a wider audience! 


Unclean Urinal at the Church


P.S -  The Revealer The Revealer is an award-winning online magazine that explores religion and its many roles in society and people’s lives. ( Just came across this article) 

No comments:

Post a Comment